'Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us' Anon

Monday 15 November 2010

Hello Dolly.....

Well here's Dolly..... I love making dolls from paper and then transforming them with paint, stamps, beads and all things glittery. I got the templates from The Enchanted Gallery.
I normally go to Harrogate (AFTH) and attend Journalling once a month, but as I'm off there next weekend for a workshop, I couldn't make my pounds s-t-r-e-t-c-h (actually its OH money!). So I went to an Open Craft Day that a friend was holding locally, it was supposed to be make Christmas Cards, but I didn't feel like doing that, so I made Dolly instead.
I cut her 'face' from Instant Art by Suze Weinberg for quickness, next time I will paint my own see how that turns out. Dolly got finished today, as there was much gossiping, eating, making hot drinks, making new friends and plenty of loud laughter. A great day all round..... Thanks Jayne. Ciao

7 comments:

  1. She is a star and so are you!! She is so quirky I really think she deserves her own face and you should paint her one. Then it will make her all your own. Love her handbag and don't I recognise that big purple bead as a leftover from last week?!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had fun and your dolly is so quirky but brill i can see why you love to make them hugs jayne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS the "gold" Golden acrylic you asked about is actually named Iridescent Bornze (Fine)!!! I was surprised it wasn't named as an actual gold shade because it IS gold coloured. I got mine in Rennies, Bold Street.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute doll Olive, what will you do with her? I like making stuff, but often I wonder what I will do with it when it's finished. Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverley, not sure yet. At the moment Dolly is hanging in the window... with doing this start your own business course, hoping that I can do something through that.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She would be fab in a journal. Love her hair! She's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful doll that was even better to see in real life. Had a brilliant time sitting next to you and gabbing away at Padgate. See you at VS. Px

    ReplyDelete